1913 parkersburg wv pictures - mackey's antique clock repair parkersburg wv

1913 PARKERSBURG WV PICTURES

Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair
1249 Gihon Road
Parkersburg WV 26101
 

   304 422-7274

 e mail   rmackey@mackeysclockrepair.com

Website  http://www.mackeysclockrepair.com   

Web Site http://www.mackeysclockrepair.net

Web Site http://www.mackeysclockrepair.org 

Tygart School Reunion website http://www.tygartschoolreunion.com

Marrtown Reunion website http://www.marrtownreunion.com/

Parkersburg Viscose website http://www.parkersburgviscose.com/  

Wood County History Photography & Scenery  http://www.wchps.net

For Early Parkersburg History and Old Pictures

 Over 900 Old Parkersburg & Wood County WV Pictures

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkersburg-WV/MACKEYS-ANTIQUES-CLOCK-REPAIR/141916939168718

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

http://twitter.com/#!/mackeysclocks

 

 the B & O Railroad Bridge before there was a Parkersburg- Belpre Bridge that was built in 1915 in 1916 the Parkersburg-Belpre bridge opened to wagon, carriage, and "horseless" traffic.

 

  early picture of Market Street. 1913 or maybe before

 

Hotel Schaefer Jack McWilliams and Grover McWilliams proprietors 3rd street Oppisite B & O Depot July 4th 1913

 

Ann Street, Parkersburg Flood of 1913

 

  1913 flood the people in the boat are in front of the Parkersburg Banking & Trust Co.

 

     Court Square down town Parkersburg Flood of 1913

 

    Court Square down town Parkersburg Flood of 1913 

 

 this picture 5th & Market The Ohio River crested at Parkersburg at 58 feet and 5 inches at 11:00 a.m. on March 29, 1913, causing widespread damage. All the furniture inside the Trinity Episcopal Church on Juliana Street, including the $5,000 pipe organ, was ruined. As a result of the flood, some of the numbered pews are no longer sequential. The flood waters rose too rapidly to allow downtown merchants to remove all of their merchandise. Thousands visited the flooded area, many going to the top of Prospect (now Quincy) Hill for a better view. note in the back ground the Hippodrome theater, hippodrome theater at 213 5th street was torn down and the smoot theater constructed in 1926.

 

  12th Street and Murdoch Ave Parkersburg 1913 Flood

 

The C. C. Martin & Co. wholesale grocery establishment is one of the widest and most favorably known business institutions of the kind in the Ohio valley. An enormous stock of the finest and best grocers supplies to be had in the markets, and comprising a full line of general groceries, flour, feed, confectionery, cigars, tobaccos, etc., Destroyed by Fire in the Flood 1913

 

LOOKING FROM THE CONVENT OF THE DESALLES HEIGHTS 1913 FLOOD

 

Wood County Jail Flood 1913 flood

 

Early Parkersburg flood April 29 1913 Picture taken from Nash School Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Early Parkersburg flood Eight Street Parkersburg 1913 Flood Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Early Parkersburg flood Murdock Ave Looking South Parkersburg 1913 Flood Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Early Parkersburg flood Results from 1913 Record Flood Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Early Parkersburg flood Second Street after the 1913 Flood

 

Early Parkersburg flood Wood County Court House to the right Commercial Hotel 1913 Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Early Parkersburg flood Court Square, Wood County Court House 1913 Flood Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Early Parkersburg flood, Second Street, to the left is the Hotel DeWitt

 

Early Parkersburg flood Market Street 1913

 

Early Parkersburg flood Juliana Street 1913 Flood. Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Early Parkersburg flood 1913

 

Early Parkersburg flood Twelth Street and Murdoch Ave 1913 Flood

 

Early Parkersburg flood 7th Street 1913 Flood Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Early Parkersburg flood 1913

 

Early Parkersburg flood Nathan's Flooded 1913

 

Some Damage Early Parkersburg flood 1913

 

The Parkersburg Mill Early Parkersburg flood 1913

 

Early Parkersburg flood 1913

 

People in Boats on Flooded Court Square, Parkersburg, W. Va.1913

 

Court Square Parkersburg 1913

 

  The collection of all content on this website is the property of Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair and is protected by U.S. and International copyright laws copyright 1997-2016 All Rights Reserved