1950s 60s parkersburg wv old pictures - Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair

REMEMBERING 1950s & 60s PARKERSBURG WV OLD PICTURES

Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair
1249 Gihon Road
Parkersburg WV 26101
 

   304 422-7274

 e mail   rmackey@mackeysclockrepair.com

Website  http://www.mackeysclockrepair.com    

Tygart School Reunion website http://www.tygartschoolreunion.com

Marrtown Reunion website http://www.marrtownreunion.com/

Parkersburg Viscose website http://www.parkersburgviscose.com/  

Wood County History Photography & Scenery  http://www.wchps.net

For Early Parkersburg History and Old Pictures

 Over 900 Old Parkersburg & Wood County WV Pictures

 

                   BBF PIKE STREET SOUTH SIDE 1960s

               JIMBO'S DRIVE IN

      BBF PIKE STREET SOUTH SIDE 1960s

                        BURGER CHEF  1960s

                              A & W ROOT BEER 1960s

Yielky's Paul, Jo And Linda Yielly had a Hamburger shop on Camden Ave. in the 1950s sold the best Hamburgers in Town

 

           WTAP RADIO & TV  1960s

HAZEL MORRIS & HER SON ED INSIDE B & R SUPER MARKET ( BILL & ROYS ) 2106 PIKE STREET JUNE 1956 - RALPH LOONY NEXT DOOR 2108 PIKE STREET HAD A PRODUCE MARKET. LATER RALPH BOUGHT OUT B & R AND STARTED RALPH'S SUPER MARKET. RALPH'S CLOSED IN 2010 AND THE BUILDING WAS DEMOLISHED

Thomas Tap Room circa 1964 406 7th Street in the Jackson building, William Thomas, a Prominent Parkersburg businessman an immigrant from Lebanon operated the Thomas Tap Room. His previous tavern was located on 6th Street where the Park-A-Loft was later built. It was a popular stop with WWII GI's who got on or off the various troop trains at the passenger depot up the street.

 

View of the Traffic Circle and the Park Shopping Center ca. 1957 Picture Courtesy of John Chalfant

 

Park Shopping Center Exit ca. 1957 Picture Courtesy of John Chalfant

 

Nedeff Building circa 1965- Formerly at the corner at 7th and Swann. A 1945 News article says the three story brick building is "one of the largest on 7th Street in the East End district. It contains 18 apartments as well as storerooms fronting 7th Street on the first floor" Built circa 1898 by George Quick the "flats" were equipped with the latest modern plumbing and "sanitary water closets" . The building housed at various times Parkersburg's first Kingdom Hall, a broom factory, Johnson Ford Plumbing, Battery Shop and The Family Store a neighborhood grocery ran Moses Nedeff.

 

4th & Market Parkersburg 1950s

 

Corner of 3rd & Juliana Parkersburg 1950s

 

Angelos Brothers a popular East End business George and Pete Angelos, immigrants from Greece, operated a confectionary and restaurant at 800 7th St. In its' heyday the East End of Parkersburg was like its' own little village with fruit and produce stands, theatre, restaurants, taverns, drug store, laundry mat, service stations, grocery stores.  

 

Angelos Brothers George and Pete Angelos, immigrants from Greece, operated a confectionary and restaurant at 800 7th St. 

 

Angelos Brothers--located at 800 7th St. Interior date unknown George and Pete Angelos place in East End

 

Angelos Brothers--located at 800 7th St. Interior date unknown George and Pete Angelos place in East End

 

DILS DEPARTMENT STORE IN THE 1950s

FIRST FLOOR AND OUTSIDE OF DILS DEPARTMENT STORE IN THE 1950s

JOHN HARRIS & DAWN HARRIS IN FRONT OF PICK WILSON STORE, CORNER OF 10th AVE & NEAL ST  1958

                             PARK A LOFT GARAGE  1960.

 

                    RALPH'S SUPER MARKET 1960s

 

  ARLANS DEPARTMENT STORE PARK SHOPING CENTER MID 1960s

 

 CLEMET & ADA LUDWIG  BESIDE THERE STORE LUDWIGS GROCERIES 1950s

 

              WOOLSWORTH MENU  1950s

 

The collection of all content on this website is the property of Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair and is protected by U.S. and International copyright laws copyright 1997-2015 All Rights Reserved