Angelos Candy  Parkersburg wv - mackey's antique clock repair parkersburg wv

 Angelos Home Made Candy Parkersburg  

Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair
1249 Gihon Road
Parkersburg WV 26101
 

   304 422-7274

 e mail   rmackey@mackeysclockrepair.com

Website  http://www.mackeysclockrepair.com    

Web Site http://www.mackeysclockrepair.net

Web Site http://www.mackeysclockrepair.org

Tygart School Reunion website http://www.tygartschoolreunion.com

Marrtown Reunion website http://www.marrtownreunion.com/

Parkersburg Viscose website http://www.parkersburgviscose.com/  

Wood County History Photography & Scenery  http://www.wchps.net

For Early Parkersburg History and Old Pictures

 Over 900 Old Parkersburg & Wood County WV Pictures

Greek-American Candy Kitchen--located at 533 Market St..where Stouts was formerly located and across from St. Xavier. Owned by Pete Canello, Pete and George Angelos got their start here before moving to 800 7th St. in Parkersburg's East End  - 1907 picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

Marathon Candy Kitchen located at 533 Market St. Owned by Pete Canello. circa 1900 picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

 Pete Canello. owned Marathon candy kitchen located at 533 Market Sreet. was a cousin to Pete and George Angelos and got their start there. picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

Angelos Brothers--pictured is Pete on left and George on right circa 1900. Arriving from Greece with little more than the shirt on their backs the brothers worked at a candy store and operated a fruit stand. Through hard work and thrift the brothers saved enough money to buy their own building at 800 7th St and open up their own shop. picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

Angelos Fruit Market on Market St (address unknown) Picture taken in 1907 - George Angelos in front. picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

Window at Angelos candy 1940s picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

 Kiki Angelos & son George - Kiki is the wife of Francis Angelos -Francis is the son of George Angelos picture taken around 1970 picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

Angelos Brothers-located at 800 7th St. Interior shots. date unknown. picture Courtesy Francis Angelos
 

 George and Pete Angelos - Angelos Brothers--located at 800 7th St. Interior shots date unknown. picture Courtesy Francis Angelos
 

Angelos Bros--pictured is George Angelos looking over his chocolate creations for Easter--rabbits. Angelos Bros. had a confectionary at 800 7th Street in Parkersburg's East End. Date unknown.  picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

George Angelos and his son Francis Angelos 1970s picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

George Angelos with his Grand Children - Niki Angelos on the left - George Angelos Holding  Sophia Angelos (now Colombo) and Young George Angelos - George SR Grandson - this picture was taken in the mid 70's at the Olympic Deli on Murdoch Ave where George Angelos made candy for several years after selling the store on 7th street. (Merrill Norman cosmetic's is located on the spot today where the Olympic Deli was. picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

  

Angelos note the prices -year unknown picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

Angelos Brothers--Another popular East End business. George and Pete Angelos, immigrants from Greece, operated a confectionary and restaurant at 800 7th St. In its' heyday the East End of Parkersburg was like its' own little village with fruit and produce stands, theatre, restaurants, taverns, drug store, laundry mat, service stations, grocery stores, etc. picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

Angelos Brothers--Another popular East End business. George and Pete Angelos, immigrants from Greece, operated a confectionary and restaurant at 800 7th St. In its' heyday the East End of Parkersburg was like its' own little village with fruit and produce stands, theatre, restaurants, taverns, drug store, laundry mat, service stations, grocery stores, etc. picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

This store name unknown was later the Palace theater. owned by the Angelos brothers and rented out. picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

Francis & Kiki Angelos holing a Famous Angelos Chocolate Easter Bunny look at the rooster on the table 1967. -- Picture Courtesy Francis Angelos  

 

Angelos Brothers candy molds, from the Candy store on 7th Street George Angelos who was the candy maker. Picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

Angelos Brothers candy molds, from the Candy store on 7th Street George Angelos who was the candy maker. Picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

 

This is the check from Angelos brothers signed by George Angelos for grave lot for Pete Canello who owned Marathon Candy Kitchen located at 533 Market St.

 

June 20th 1996 the opening day of Chick fil A in the Grand Central Mall  The Chick fil A in the Malls  20th Anniversary. George Angelos, the couple on the left is Francis & KiKi Angelos - Picture Courtesy Francis Angelos

 

Sophia Angelos is 11 years old 1988 Honey Princess. daughter of Francis and Kiki Angelos, Granddaughter of George Angelos

 

Candy Maker dies After Brief illness DECEMBER 1984

George K. Angelos, 92, 1508 19th St. Parkersburg, who for nearly 50 years owned and operated Angelos Brothers Confectionary in Parkersburg, died Saturday afternoon at Camden-Clark Memorial Hospital in Parkersburg after a short illness. He came to the United States at the age of 14 and was owner of the Angelos Brothers Confectionary for nearly 50years where he was known for his home-made candies. He was born in Anogeia, Sparta, Greece, a son of the late Kostas and Maria Agelakos Angelos. He was a member of the St. Spyridon Greek Orthodox Church. He is survived by his wife, Sophia Haralabakos Angelos; one son, Francis Angelos Parkersburg; a daughter in law, Kiki Angelos of Parkers burg; three grandchildren, George, Niki, and Sophia Angelos all of Parkersburg; one sister, Joanna Spiropaulos of Columbus, Ohio. He was preceded in death by his first wife, The ophanniThe odosion Angelos in 1938; one brother and two sisters. Services are 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Leavitt Funeral Home with the Rev. Father Emmanuel Sakellarites officiating. Burial will be in Mt. Olivet Cemetery.  1984

 

 

  The collection of all content on this website is the property of Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair and is protected by U.S. and International copyright laws copyright 1997-2016 All Rights Reserved