early department stores Parkersburg wv   - mackey's antique clock repair parkersburg wv

EARLY DEPARTMENT STORES PARKERSBURG WV

Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair
1249 Gihon Road
Parkersburg WV 26101
 

   304 422-7274

 e mail   rmackey@mackeysclockrepair.com

Website  http://www.mackeysclockrepair.com    

Tygart School Reunion website http://www.tygartschoolreunion.com

Marrtown Reunion website http://www.marrtownreunion.com/

Parkersburg Viscose website http://www.parkersburgviscose.com/  

Wood County History Photography & Scenery  http://www.wchps.net

For Early Parkersburg History and Old Pictures

 Over 900 Old Parkersburg & Wood County WV Pictures

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkersburg-WV/MACKEYS-ANTIQUES-CLOCK-REPAIR/141916939168718

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

  http://twitter.com/#!/mackeysclocks

Parkersburg's First Sears, Roebuck Co. Store opened on 7th street 1919

 

 

Sears at 914 Market street 1940s -- Sears first store in Parkersburg was on 7th street 1919 to 1936 moved to 914 Market street from 1936 to 52 moved to 5th Street from 1952 to 1972. moved to Grand Central Mall in 1972 and still there

 

McCroy's 5th & Market Oct 1986 Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

G. C. Murphy Co 7th street Parkersburg Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Coxs Department store Closed 1984 Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

             S. S. KRESGE CO. 609 MARKET ST 1940S

 

                                        INSIDE KRESGES 1945

 

 

   MONTGOMERY WARD 721 MARKET ST. EARLY 1950s

 

 DILS DEPARTMENT STORE AFTER A NEW COAT OF PAINT IN THE EARLY 1950s

 

DILS DEPARTMENT STORE IN THE 1950s -

The Dils sign on Market Street welcomed shoppers for 88 years. The Dils tradition of excellence began in 1890 when Henry H. Dils III and Jacob McKinney opened a dry goods store on the east side of Market Street, just above Fourth. The store prospered until Henry H. Dils's untimely death due to typhoid fever in 1895. Five years later, Henry's wife Sarah and her two sons, Henry III and Sam, opened a store in the 400 block of Market Street. The store was an immediate success. In 1905, needing room to expand, Henry and Sam purchased the three-story Beehive Store at 521-523 Market Street. Dils Brothers and Company Department Store did business at this location until it closed on
January 16. 1988.

 

   FIRST FLOOR AND OUTSIDE OF DILS DEPARTMENT STORE IN THE 1950s.

 

      BEN FRANKLIN 5 - 10 PIKE ST. SOUTH SIDE

 

THE G. C. MURPHY CO. 1950s