more 4 old parkersburg wv pictures - mackey's antique clock repair parkersburg wv

 PAGE 4 MORE OLD PARKERSBURG WV PICTURES 

Parkersburg Mattress Co, truck

Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair
1249 Gihon Road
Parkersburg WV 26101
 

   304 422-7274

 e mail   rmackey@mackeysclockrepair.com

Website  http://www.mackeysclockrepair.com    

Tygart School Reunion website http://www.tygartschoolreunion.com

Marrtown Reunion website http://www.marrtownreunion.com/

Parkersburg Viscose website http://www.parkersburgviscose.com/  

Wood County History Photography & Scenery  http://www.wchps.net

For Early Parkersburg History and Old Pictures

 Over 900 Old Parkersburg & Wood County WV Pictures

 

Charles Renner, Jack Gilchrest, George Crellin , O Meredith, Jack Custis Dec 23 1952. Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Maxine ( Mathews ) Wolf, Irene Kelly, Sherriff Knotts   Dec  23 1952. Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

This is believed to be in Parkersburg WV lower end of Ann Street

 

Sauge Store and apartment South West corner 13th and Avery, note the unpaved street and Barn Yard 1900 Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

The Mountain State Business College, which was established in 1888, is recognized as one of the leading business schools of the United States. Above is a view of our "College Home," located at Seventh and Market Streets, the Hub of Parkersburg. Diagonally across Market Street from the school is the Chancellor. Hotel, where it is recommended that students, who reach Parkersburg at night, should stop. The College occupies the entire third floor, as well as much of the second floor space, in this building, which extends the full width of the picture. The school has in its classrooms and offices eighteen thousand square feet of floor space. Our College is admirably arranged for the comfort and convenience of its patrons.

 

Fire at Nathans destroyed in the 1913 Flood

 

Down Town Parkersburg Market Street 1908 Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

This is the corner of 5th and Julian Ann St. Note the brick street as well as the brick sidewalks. The Short building on the corner "Singer Mfg." is still on that same corner. Picture Courtesy Bonnie Taylor

 

A Parade Celebrating  the Ending of World War I in front of the Old City Building. the Soldiers & Sailors are not identified 1918

 

The Guard Cleaning & dyeing Co delivery Truck 125 Third Street Parkersburg WVA

 

Reps Furniture Truck, the truck appears to be 1920s Reps Furniture was a well known business in Parkersburg but no longer in Business

 

The Guard Cleaning & dyeing Co delivery Truck 125 Third Street Parkersburg WVA

 

The New City Building Parkersburg 1900

 

Early Market Street Looking North Parkersburg Market Street Looking North Parkersburg

 

Belpre Bridge Under Construction 1916

 

Streetcar in front of Dils Motor Mart 7th Street

 

Built in 1886 part of the Ohio River Railroad. this Bridge in Parkersburg serviced the Wheeling to Huntington and was connected to the Ann Street Station 

 

Parkersburg down town 1913 Flood

 

Parkersburg down town 1913 Flood 

 

Newport Christian Church Marrtown Area April 30 1916 Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Laying The Corner Stone for the Wood County Court House Oct 5 1899 from Glass plat made by Chalmer Gibbons  Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

The Old Chancellor Hardware 3rd Street Parkersburg between Ann and Juliana  Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Wheatherell's Jewelers Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Interior of a Street Car 1920 - Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

The Jackson Hotel Parkersburg Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Old PHS & Washington Junior High School 7th & Green being Demolished 1972 - Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Old PHS & Washington Junior High School 7th & Green after being Demolished - Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

the old Coliseum & Thomas Pontiac at the left

 

Old PHS & Washington Junior High School 7th & Green after being Demolished - Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

old Carnegie Library and Coliseum & Thomas Pontiac in background

 

Stockyard Fire Depot Street Parkersburg W, VA Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

B & O Round house Fire set by children 8/22/89

 

Allegheny Co Camp Baker Parkersburg W VA

 

Parkersburg Mattress Co, truck loaded with Mattresses

 

View on 3rd street Parkersburg Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Top Stone of Public Well at 9th Ave & Pike Street South Side Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Logan Carriage Company Repair Work Promptly and Neatly Done. Carriage, buggy and wagon factory: 118 120 122 and 124 Forth Street Parkersburg Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

This Old Grainy Picture Logan Carriage and Automobile Company taken in 1916 at 118-124 Fourth Street Parkersburg

 

Parkersburg Transfer & Storage Co Storage, Shipping, Packing & Moving 1920 Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Clair Snyder Sr at Meintels Shoe repair and manger at Parkersburg Shoe Repair Company. Picture Courtesy Lisa Grewell

 

Clair Snyder Sr manger at Parkersburg Shoe Repair Company. Picture Courtesy Lisa Grewell  

 

Pure Oil Service Station 7 th & Quincy  1930 Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Pure Oil Service Station 8th & Division 1950s Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Pure Oil Service Station 9th & Market Picture Courtesy Gary Traugh

 

Easter Parade on Market two-way traffic maybe at Eleventh St. 1952 , Picture Courtesy of Julie McGivern Vincent

 

Rollerdrome city's newest place Amusement. opened here on Oct 6 1939 owner has a three year lease on building which is equipped with electric organ. big enough for 300 roller skaters. The Rollerdrome is Proving one of the most popular places of public entertainment in Parkersburg and since Mark B. Farr Manager and owner has a three year lease on building and a three year option beyond that, Indications are Parkersburg can plan to entertain itself for some time to come. Eight persons are employed at the Rollerdrome all of them from Parkersburg, they Include three instructors and a Organist as there is an electric Organ which is always played for the skaters. Miss Mary Jo Amsberry, James West, and Bob Perkins are instumentors Howard Westfall is the Organist. Fiber Wheeled Skates are used with 175 pair already on hand and 50 pairs ordered                

 

Inside the Rollerdrome

 

Memorial Bridge Opening  Pass Jan 12 1955 Picture Courtesy of Rich Allender

 

 

COPYRIGHT 1997-2014 All Rights Reserved
MACKEY'S ANTIQUES & CLOCK REPAIR