more early Marietta & washington county ohio - Mackey's Antique clock repair parkersburg wv

MORE EARLY WASHINGTON COUNTY OHIO

Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair
1249 Gihon Road
Parkersburg WV 26101
 

   304 422-7274

 e mail   rmackey@mackeysclockrepair.com

Website  http://www.mackeysclockrepair.com    

Tygart School Reunion website http://www.tygartschoolreunion.com

Marrtown Reunion website http://www.marrtownreunion.com/

Parkersburg Viscose website http://www.parkersburgviscose.com/  

Wood County History Photography & Scenery  http://www.wchps.net

For Early Parkersburg History and Old Pictures

 Over 900 Old Parkersburg & Wood County WV Pictures

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkersburg-WV/MACKEYS-ANTIQUES-CLOCK-REPAIR/141916939168718

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

http://twitter.com/#!/mackeysclocks

 

The steamer Senator passes under the Williamstown Bridge near Buckley's Island on her journey north, circa 1940.

The Tell City packet, sank on April 6, 1917 after striking a pier at Dam 19, Little Hocking. Two crew members and one passenger died. Little Hocking resident J.H. Riggs bought the pilothouse for $10 and used it as a summer house. His daughter, Cora Riggs Bent,

J.H. Riggs daughter, Cora Riggs Bent, donated the pilot house to Marietta 's Ohio River Museum , which restored the structure  

Water on Front Street fails to stop a streetcar from traveling toward Greene Street in1908. Conductor Ed Haas stands on the streetcar's steps.

Railroad cars filled with oil leave the Macksburg oil fields, circa 1885. Oil drilled at Macksburg during this period was transported to a refinery in Marietta . Macksburg was the center of oil production in Washington County during the 1860s and 1880s

The five-story Peoples Banking and Trust Co. under construction at Second and Putnam streets in Marietta , April 4, 1924. Peoples Banking and Trust Co. was incorporated Feb. 6 1902,with founder David A. Bartlett serving as president. Operations began in the St. Clair Building on Putnam Street with the bank's capital listed as $100,000.

Fred Mattern, left, and Bill Weinstock, center, handled 300-and 400-pound blocks of ice at Crystal Ice Co., 120 Third St., Marietta , 1922. Workers delivered the ice by wagon to households and businesses.

B.S. Sprague in his electrical supply store on Front Street , Marietta , early1900s. B.S. Sprague Electrical Co. later moved to Putnam Street , where the store was managed by Fred Lynn for many years. Jim and Margaret Sprague moved the business to Colegate Drive in 1957.

Ohio Bell Telephone Co. installers and commercial representatives in Marietta , 1931. From left: unidentified, Sam Lafaber, Jack Groomes, "Pop" Dilley, Ben Hohlman, Joshua Bond, Bill Estleand plant chief Don Knox. By April 24, 1930,5,000 telephones had been installed in Marietta and Williamstown. Remember when telephone numbers consisted of three digits and neighbors could listen in on your telephone conversation.

The cornerstone for a new Washington county courthouse is set in place April 9, 1901, during ceremonies conducted by American Lodge No.1, Free & Accepted Masons. A formal opening for the courthouse occurred Nov. 15, 1902. The four-story stone building, the county's third courthouse, cost $147,032.62 to build.