remembering the 1970s & 80s parkersburg wv - mackey's antique clock repair parkersburg wv Remembering the 1970s & 80s Parkersburg WV

REMEMBERING THE 1970s & 80s PARKERSBURG WV

 

Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair
1249 Gihon Road
Parkersburg WV 26101
 

   304 422-7274

 e mail   rmackey@mackeysclockrepair.com

Website  http://www.mackeysclockrepair.com    

Tygart School Reunion website http://www.tygartschoolreunion.com

Marrtown Reunion website http://www.marrtownreunion.com/

Parkersburg Viscose website http://www.parkersburgviscose.com/  

Wood County History Photography & Scenery  http://www.wchps.net

For Early Parkersburg History and Old Pictures

 Over 900 Old Parkersburg & Wood County WV Pictures

CLICK HERE FOR ANTIQUE CLOCK REPAIR

CLICK HERE FOR CLOCK PARTS

WE ACCEPT TRADES ON OUR CLOCK REPAIR WORK

 

Darrell Shepherd & his band zerpha blue, 1960s & 70s Darrell passed on May 2002

 

the Southwood Park lake and sea snake and the astrotuff on the city park baseball diamond rank high on smith's list of accomplishments during his four years as Parkersburg mayor. 1981

 

Pat Iannelli prepares to transmit a forecast. in addition to transmitting the teletype machine receives weather reports from Charleston. Parkersburg's weather service was first established in the old courthouse building July 1 1888 were it remained till July 13 1960. between July 13 1960 and May 29 1962 it was situated at the old Public Debt building. since that time the station has been in the Federal building. the Parkersburg weather station closed March 31 1982   

 

President Ronald Reagan addresses a cheering crowd in October 1984 at the Parkersburg High School Fieldhouse

 

Mountain State Demolition Inc is Demolition the old city Building about half the Parkersburg's old city building is left standing at 5th and Market street 1980 

 

 

 John and Gerald Beckett enjoy a lunchtime meal at the Salvation army in Parkersburg. 1984

 

  this view of the old and new Parkersburg- Belpre Bridges was taken from the top of the old city Building. two lanes of the new Bridge were opened by Gov. Jay Rockefeller on October 16th 1979. with the other two lanes scheduled to open in 1980. the demolition of the old bridge began in 1980

Smokestacks at the old Viscose - FMC plant site on Camden ave is coming down 1983

Bob Tebay holds some of the Chocolate Milk in the coolers Tebay dairy co. Country store.

 

 

  The collection of all content on this website is the property of Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair and is protected by U.S. and International copyright laws copyright 1997-2016 All Rights Reserved