Remembering Parkersburg restaurants - Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair

REMEMBERING PARKERSBURG RESTAURANTS

 

Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair
1249 Gihon Road
Parkersburg WV 26101
 

   304 422-7274

 e mail   rmackey@mackeysclockrepair.com

Website  http://www.mackeysclockrepair.com    

Web Site http://www.mackeysclockrepair.net

Web Site http://www.mackeysclockrepair.org

Wood County History Photography & Scenery  http://www.wchps.net

Tygart School Reunion website http://www.tygartschoolreunion.com

Marrtown Reunion website http://www.marrtownreunion.com/

Parkersburg Viscose website http://www.parkersburgviscose.com/  

For Early Parkersburg History and Old Pictures

 Over 900 Old Parkersburg & Wood County WV Pictures

 

Old Captain "Doug" Landed in Parkersburg in 1937 and Launched the "Clam House" March 4th 1938 at 815 7th Street  Parkersburg, W. VA. seating capacity 400 Delectable Foods From The Seven Seas And The World's Finest Steaks, if it Swims we have it. Old Captain "Doug" line Ohio valley's best known seafood Restaurant, dining rooms open 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. Fridays & Saturdays to 3:30 A.M. seafood market open 8:00 A.M.

 

The Clam House 815 7th St. date unknown. 1950's it was probably the most popular Restaurant in the East End - picture courtesy Roger Nedeff

 

The Clam House 815 7th St. Rare Interior Photo  the most popular Restaurant in the East End - picture courtesy Roger Nedeff

 

Porters Lunch 4207 Camden Ave Built in the  1920s by William & Bina Porter. plate lunches sold 25 cents Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Coffee and Soda pop 5 cents each. was better known as Earls Grill in the 1950s to the 1970s owned by Jack & Betty Shutts  - Picture courtesy William Porter

 

William Porter inside of Porters Lunch - Picture courtesy William Porter

 

Colombo's Super Club & Restaurant owned by Jimmy Colombo 1955

 

        Burger Chef Dudley Ave Parkersburg

 

Bennies Waffle Iron Pike Street 1970s Picture courtesy Bill & Sharon Jenkins

 

Yielky's Paul, Jo And Linda Yielly had a Hamburger shop on Camden Ave. in the 1950s sold the best Hamburgers in Town

more pictures at   YIELKY'S HAMBURGERS PARKERSBURG WV

 

Thomas Tap Room circa 1964 406 7th Street in the Jackson building, William Thomas, a Prominent Parkersburg businessman an immigrant from Lebanon operated the Thomas Tap Room. His previous tavern was located on 6th Street where the Park-A-Loft was later built. It was a popular stop with WWII GI's who got on or off the various troop trains at the passenger depot up the street. picture courtesy Roger Nedeff

 

  BBF South Side Parkersburg

 

  A & W Mary ST Parkersburg

 

Owner Tony Dukas, left, in the Busy Bee Restaurant at 406 Market ST. circa 1942. seated at counter is Accountant Ed Pratt

 

The Point Of View Restaurant, on Blennerhassett Heights Road, overlooking the Ohio River. It was demolished a year or two ago Picture Courtesy of Cynthia Buskirk

 

 
 

 

 

  The collection of all content on this website is the property of Mackey's Antiques & Clock Repair and is protected by U.S. and International copyright laws copyright 1997-2016 All Rights Reserved